CERTIFICATION AND PROGRESSION
LIFE SKILLS EXPERIENCE
The First Tee Life Skills Experience is divided into six* primary stages:
- TARGET is a fun and introductory golf experience that engages players in group activities focused on teamwork, cooperation, and motor skill development. For players age 5+.
- The PLAYer level ensures a foundational understanding of the game and life skills concepts, focusing on interpersonal and self-management skills, the Nine Core Values and how to use them effectively, and the principles of the game. For all new players, and core level for ages 7-9.
- The PAR level focuses on fundamental communication and self-management skills, and golf skills are recorded to set benchmarks in skill progression. For ages 9+, and graduates of the PLAYer level.
- The BIRDIE level focuses primarily on goal setting, and gives players the opportunity to hone their golf and life skills and set goals for their futures. For ages 11+, and graduates of the Par level
- The Teen & High School level is a customized program for those age 12+, providing a blend of the PLAYer, Par & Birdie curriculum and all the prerequisites of the Eagle level. For new and returning participants ages 12+.
*Teen & High School combines three lessons from three levels of the Life Skills Experience.
- The EAGLE level provides advanced instruction and practice as well as additional topics such as staying well for life, conflict resolution, mentoring, and career planning. For ages 13+, and graduates of the Birdie level.
- The ACE level is the capstone experience of The First Tee. Participants have mastered the full Life Skills Experience, what it means to be a complete PLAYer, and are preparing for a successful transition to adulthood. Internships and leadership roles within the chapter are available. Minimum age for Ace certification is 15.