For immediate release: March 17, 2020
Dear First Tee of Hawaii Families,
Given the growing concern about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and in light of CDC recommendations, First Tee is cancelling the remainder of Session 1 classes, as well as the Week 9 championship. A makeup class will be added to the next programming session for those affected by the cancellation of the final class. Week 9 Championship fees have been refunded to those who already paid.
With regard to the Session 2, we have postponed it to a later date which we will communicate when we know when things get back to normal. We are closely monitoring the situation and evaluating our internal procedures to ensure we are able to provide a safe and healthy learning environment, and to meet the stringent guidelines provided by the CDC.
Ongoing, our organization will work with facilities to ensure that best practices for cleaning and sanitizing are being followed. Our staff, coaches, and volunteers will remain vigilant, practicing good hygiene and social distancing, and we are encouraging others involved to do the same. If a determination is made that we will not be able to adequately meet the needs of our community and adjustments need to be made to our schedule, then we will be sure to notify all those impacted.
The health and safety of our youth participants, coaches, volunteers and community is our top priority. Our organization has open lines of communication with the State of Hawaii and local school districts, to ensure that we are taking the necessary steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Thank you all for your cooperation in this effort to ensure the safety and well-being of our kids as well as yourselves. Rest assured that I will update you as circumstances warrant. Most all of you know that JUDGEMENT is a core First Tee value and we believe that this action is a prudent response to this situation. Please feel free to reach out with any comments or questions.
Kellan Anderson, PGA